Anna Beery m. SEITZ.
Magdalena BEERY, b. 3
Jan 1732, East Manchester, York Co. PA d. 9 Aug 1796, Springhill,
Fayette Co. PA on 15 May 1750 m.Johannes HUNZIKER (HUNSAKER)
b. 22 May 1728, Weisbaden, E.Baden, Germany d. Jul 1815, Jonesboro,
Union Co., IL.
Children of Johannes Hunsaker and Magdalena Beery:
Magdalena Beery and Johnannes Hunziker (Hunsaker)
- Abraham b.13 Jun 1751. Died infantcy.
- John Jr. b. 16 Sept 1752. m. Elizabeth HUBER. Elizabeth and one child were killed by Indians 18 Apr 1792 traveling to settle in Illinios.
- Barbara b. 6 May 1754
- Nicholas b. 3 Feb 1756
- Hartmann b. 20 Aug 1757
- Jacob b. 6 May 1759
- Joseph b. 20 May 1761
- Abraham b.20 Apr 1764 (2nd so named)
- George b. 12 Mar 1766
- Catherine b. 5 Mar 1769
- Magdalena b. 24 Mar 1770
- Andrew b. 5 Jul 1772
- Samuel b. 22 Nov 1777
Abraham BEERY, b. 1736, Springettsbury Manor, York Co., PA d. 26 May 1799, buried in
Massanutten Cross Keys Presbyterian Church Cemetery. m.
Elizabeth (Mary) GOCHENOUR, born? died ?1800, buried in Lindale Mennonite Church Cemetery near Edom, VA . d/o Jacob Gochenauerof Manheim twp.
Children of Abraham Beery and Elizabeth Gochenour:
- Abraham b. 1762. m. 1st: Magdalena REIFF (d/o John
Rife) on 28 Sep 1786 at Rockingham County, Va. m. 2nd: Barbara GOOD.
- John b. 1767 m.Barbara KAGY ~ *cousin of his
brother Nicholas' wife, also named Barbara KAGY.
- Nicholas b. 1764. d.1815. He was taxed at Shrewsbury
Twp., York County in 1781 as a single man. He moved to Rockingham
County, Virginia by 1783 where he was taxed in 1783 as Nicholas
Bieri, Jr. m. Barbara KAGY
- Jacob b. 11 Sep 1769 d. 2 Apr 1842 in Lancaster, Ohio.
m. Mary GOOD b. 12 May 1777 (d/o Jacob and Frances Good.)
Moved to Rockingham County, Virginia by 1792.
- George b. 1773. Moved to Rockingham County by 1792. He
moved to Perry County, Ohio in 1816 and later to Fairfield County.
He married Susan FUNK in 1796.
- Magdalena (twin) b. 26 Jun 1777. She married Abraham
- Christian (twin) b. 26 Jun 1777. d.15 Oct 1836 at
Fairfield County,OH. m. Catherine FUNK 25 Feb 1799 at
Rockingham County. Moved to Rockingham County and then to Fairfield
On 9 Jun 1767 his mother, stepfather, and his 8 siblings and
their wives and husbands deeded to Abraham all right to the estate
of his father's property in Manchester Township. On 14 Nov 1768
Abraham bought two tracts of land in Shrewsbury Township, York Co.
from Abraham Weldi (Weldy) of Maryland. On 23 Jan 1769 Abraham and
his wife Elizabeth sold to his brother, Nicholas Beery,
Jr. the land.
Nicholas Beery b. 1764 PA d.Rockingham Co. VA m. Barbara KAGY b.York Co.PA d. Apr 1815 Rockingham Co. VA. She was said to be a first cousin to John Beery's wife of the same given and surname-Barbara Kagy.
- Abraham 'Brush Abe' b.30 Sep 1786
- Nicholas Jr. b. Aft 1786 went West in 1815.
- Christian b.Aft 1786 never married died old age
- Elisabeth b.Aft 1786 m. Joseph FRY
- Susanna b Aft 1786 never married died old age
Abraham 'Brush Abe' Beery b. 1786 Rockingham Co. VA. d. 12 Feb 1870 Rockingham Co. VA m. 1st: Unknown 2nd: Mrs. Hannah Robinson-ALLEBAUGH b. 26 May 1799 d. 6 Aug 1874
Because of so many Beery Abraham given names he took 'Brush Abe' from the fact he lived in the Brush Country. He died 50 yards from where he was born.
1st wife: Unknown Children:
- Josiah Beery b. 30 May 1818 (Claude M. Shawbell III direct)
2nd wife: Hannah Robinson-Allebaugh Children:
- Henry N. b. 11 Nov 1843
Josiah Beery b. 30 May 1818 Edom, VA d. 20 Apr 1882 m. Anna S. JACOBS b. 7 Nov 1819 Fauquier Co. VA d. 4 May 1905 South English, Iowa.
Children of Josiah and Anna S. Beery
- Elisabeth b. 1840
- Sarah b.1841
- Hannah M. b. 1842
- John W. b. 9 Sep 1844 m. Rebecca Swartz
- Josiah b. 1846
- Margaret b. 1848
- Martha J. b.1850
- George E. b. 1851
- Frances V. b.1853
- Franklin T. b.1855
- Samuel N. b.1857
- Mary A. b.1859
- Charles C. b. 1861
John Washington Beery b. 9 Sep 1844 Edom, VA d. 1927 Arkansas City, Sumner Co. KS m. Rebecca SWARTZ b. 22 Feb 1847 Fairfield Co. OH.
d/o Henry Swartz and Sarah Beery.
John moved from Edom,VA to Lancaster, OH in 1864. He and Rebecca moved to Shelby Co. IL where he engaged in farming. In Dec. 1892 the family moved to Sumner Co.,KS where John was engaged in the grain and coal business at Ashton, KS.
- Sarah Beery is the daughter of Abraham Beery and Catherine Fast (John Poling direct)
Rebecca Swartz is their granddaughter. (Claude M. Shawbell III direct)
Children of John Washington and Rebecca
- Thomas C. Beery b. 6 July 1870 Fairfield Co. OH
- Mary A. b.1872 Shelby Co. IL
- Laura K. b. 1875
- Elmer C. b. 1877
- Docia L. b. 1879
- Emma L. b. 1881
- John O. b. 1885
- Onie B. b. 1888
Thomas Calvin Beery
Ruth Estella Beery
Thomas Calvin Beery b. 6 July 1870 Fairfield Co. OH d. 22 March 1938 Arkansas City, Sumner Co.,KS m. Cora Belle DAVIS b. 23 Apr 1875 d. 24 May 1946 St. Louis, MO. Married: 19 Nov 1892 at Ashton, Sumner Co.,KS
Children of Thomas Calvin and Cora Belle Beery
- Son Beery b. stillborn 1893
- Ruth Estella b. 8 Aug 1894
- John W. b. 1906 d. 1972 Texas City, TX no children
Ruth Estella Beery b. 8 Aug 1894 Ashton, Sumner Co.,KS d. 27 Apr 1932 Arkansas City, Cowley Co.,KS. m. Henry Ernest BUMGARDNER
Ruth died of complications after appendictomy operaton.
Henry L. Bumgardner,Jr.
Claude M. Shawbell, III
Nicholas BEERY, Jr.
(BIERE) b. 16 June 1739, York Co., PA m. 1st: Mary
KELLER.in Pennsylvania. m. 2nd: Mrs. Mary GOOD (GROW)
in Virginia in 1789.
Nicholas lived in Manchester twp., and then moved to Shrewsbury
twp., by 1763. He then moved to Rockingham County, Virginia in
1780. He was taxed at Rockingham County, Virginia in 1783. He
signed a Mennonite petition as Nicholas Biri in Rockingham Co.,
Virginia in 1784. He bought a large tract of land in Ruch Creek
twp., Fairfield County, Ohio where he died on 16 Feb 1812.
Children of Nicholas Beery and Mary Keller:
- Barbara b. 6 Apr 1764. d. 1788.
- John 'Red John' b. 4 Nov 1765. He died 31 May
1850 at Fairfield County, Ohio. m. Margaret SHAVER, 15 Mar 1788.
(d/o Nicholas Shaver .
- Jacob b. 1766. He died 12 Feb 1842 at Fairfield County,
Ohio. m. Nancy GEIL, (d/o Jacob Geil.
- Elizabeth b. 11 Apr 1771. m. Jacob GEIL. They moved to
Fairfield County, Ohio from Virginia.
- Abraham b. 20 Jul 1773 d. 15 Jun 1845 at
Fairfield County, Ohio. m. Catherine FAST on 7 Mar 1802.
Son: Joel Beery daughter Susannah m. Poling
Daughter: Sarah Beery m. Henry Swartz and their daughter, Rebbeca Swartz m. John Washington Beery. (Claude M. Shawbell III direct)
- Mary b. 4 Sep 1775. m. Henry STEMEN
- Isaac b. 10 Jun 1777 d. 7 Mar 1850. m. Mary CRADLEBAUGH 13 May 1806 at Fairfield County, Ohio.
- Nicholas b. c 1779. He died in infancy.
- Henry b. 30 Apr 1781 d. 18 Jan 1860 at Fairfield County,
Ohio. m. ELIZABETH_________.
- George b. 4 Apr 1783 d.10 Apr 1856 Fairfield County,
Ohio. .m Catherine CRADLEBAUGH on 22 Jan 1811. He moved to Ohio in
- Susan b. 4 Oct 1786 m. Abraham BEERY on 6 Nov 1809
Fairfield County, Ohio.
- Martha b. 1787. She married Isaac BLOSSER
Children of Nicholas Beery and Mary Good:
- Joseph b. 8 Feb 1790 d. 31 Jan 1848, Mercer
County, Ohio. m. Barbara MILLER. He lived in Fairfield County.
- Christian b. 1 Aug 1792. m. Elizabeth MILLER
- Margaret b. 15 Jun 1795. m. KECKLER
- Fanny b. 1797. m. Joseph HITE
John L. Poling.
George BEERYb. 1743. m.
Children of George Beery and Mary_______:
- John b. 3 Mar 1779 m. Catherine PARKINSON. (d/o Daniel Parkison
and Catherine Overmyer).
- Elizabeth b. 22 Sep 1804 m. Thomas MURPHY ( 1822 in St. Louis,
- Margaret b. 1 Jun 1807 d. 1810 in OH.
- Syntha b. 5 Jul 1809
- Hannah b. 7 Sep 1810 OH d. 1899 (in Iola,KS) m. James
- Daniel Parkinson b. 30 Apr 1813 m. Harriet Atwood BRACE (d/o
Joseph Brace and Rachel Turner.)
- Noah b. 12 Jun 1815
- Clement b. 18 Feb 1819
- Esther b. 26 Jul 1821 d. 1822 (on the Ohio River)